Home - Medical Policies - Alabama
Draft Self-Administered Drug Policies
Draft self-administered drug policies are listed below. If there are no policies listed, it means there are currently no policies in draft status.
Drug policies are based on:
- Information in FDA-approved package inserts (and black box warnings, alerts or other information disseminated by the FDA, as applicable);
- Research of current medical and pharmacy literature; and/or,
- Review of common medical practices in the treatment and diagnosis of disease.
Note: Coverage is subject to member's specific benefits. Group-specific policies will supersede these policies, when applicable. Always verify member eligibility and benefits.
Pharmacy drug policies provide a guide to coverage. Pharmacy policies are not intended to dictate to providers how to practice medicine. Providers should exercise their medical judgment in providing the care they feel is most appropriate for their patients.
Comment on Draft Drug Policies
Participating providers are invited to submit for consideration scientific, evidence-based information, professional consensus opinions, and other information supported by medical literature relevant to our draft policies.
We accept comments for 45 days from the posting date listed on the draft policy.
Make sure your voice is heard by providing feedback directly to us:
- Complete our policy feedback form online, or
- Send comments and supporting documentation to us by mail or fax:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama
Attn: Pharmacy Department
P.O. Box 995
Birmingham, AL 35298-0001
|Policy #||Policy Title||Print View|
|PH-91007||GLP-1 (glucagon-like peptide-1) Agonists Prior Authorization with Quantity Limit Program Summary|